FTP software is a necessary tool for everyone who connects to a server to exchange files. Some servers may provide services for uploading files but it is not far with software dedicated for file transfer. According experience the best FTP software is Filezilla. This is open source software with GNU license which makes it really trustworthy. It is also free from all sorts of copyright issues which may be bundled with others.
FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with a clean and easy to navigate GNU interface. Some of its features are listed here.
- Easy to use, even a beginner can understand how to use it.
- It supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) which is great.
- This is a Cross-platform software and Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more.
- IPv6 support is available and comes to changing internet.
Wikipedia describes sabayon linux as “Sabayon is an Italian dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, a sweet liquor (usually Marsala wine), and sometimes cream or whole eggs. It is a very light custard, which has been whipped to incorporate a large amount of air”. Sabayon is based on Gentoo, and aimed at ordinary users. Shipped with a nice package manager called entropy it offers support for 64 bit and 32 bit architectures.
Unlike Ubuntu, Sabayon by default, has vlc installed which enables the user to play all most all multimedia formats. Sabayon offers Kde and Gnome environment by default. A nice installer framework makes sabayon installation on harddisk a breeze. Try out Sabayon 5.3.
Features of Sabayon 5.3:
- Based on GCC 4.4 and Glibc 2.10
- Optimized Linux kernal 2.6.34
- Faster harddisk installation
- ext4, is the default filesystem and offers btrfs filesystem support
- Encrypted file system support