Wikipedia describes sabayon linux as “Sabayon is an Italian dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, a sweet liquor (usually Marsala wine), and sometimes cream or whole eggs. It is a very light custard, which has been whipped to incorporate a large amount of air”. Sabayon is based on Gentoo, and aimed at ordinary users. Shipped with a nice package manager called entropy it offers support for 64 bit and 32 bit architectures.
Unlike Ubuntu, Sabayon by default, has vlc installed which enables the user to play all most all multimedia formats. Sabayon offers Kde and Gnome environment by default. A nice installer framework makes sabayon installation on harddisk a breeze. Try out Sabayon 5.3.
Features of Sabayon 5.3:
- Based on GCC 4.4 and Glibc 2.10
- Optimized Linux kernal 2.6.34
- Faster harddisk installation
- ext4, is the default filesystem and offers btrfs filesystem support
- Encrypted file system support